Writing an article in the Lithium Community Knowledge Base
I'd like to write a TKB article in the Lithium Community from a forum topic. What should I do?
The process of writing a Tribal Knowledge Base article for the Lithium Community is really simple. To start contributing with your knowledge, this is what you need to do:
- If the article has already been started, go to the article that you were referred to. Otherwise, start a New Article using Authoring guidelines.
- If using the Questions and Answers template:
a. Drag the initial post (and subsequent details that were addressed in the topic) in the Question section. Edit the question to "generalize" it, so that it can be applicable for a broader audience. Remove all customer-specific content using Authoring guidelines.
b. Drag the solution in the Solution section. A solution may have evolved iteratively by asking for more information and exploring different possibilities. Try to copy all possible instructions that were given to the customer that can be used to help this specific problem. Edit the solution to "generalize" it, so that it can be applicable for a broader audience. Remove all customer-specific content using Authoring guidelines.
- Search for related posts using keywords. If related pots are found, add them as Related links.
- Add Labels using Controlled vocabulary for labels
- Create a 1-2 row Featured Article Teaser that motivates people to go read the article. It will show up in featured articles and RSS feeds.
- Save & Request Review.
- That's it! The article will be on draft mode until it is published, but it shouldn't take long for someone to review it and publish it.
Thank you for your contributions!
Note: Only the most engagedLithium Community members are allowed to author Tribal Knowledge Base articles. If you can't see the New Article button, you can still contribute by nominating topics to knowledge base articles, editing articles, giving kudos, and posting comments.