Lithium's View blog

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Facebook: It isn't just about 'how many' Fans...

By PaulGi

Facebook: It isn't just about 'how many' Fans...

by Lithium Alumni (Retired) Lithium Alumni (Retired) ‎07-28-2010 02:56 PM

PaulGillihamProfilePaul Gilliham is Lithium's Director of Customer Marketing,  responsible for customer engagement marketing, social media and Lithium's own community, the Lithosphere.

He is a regular blogger for Lithium and in the Lithosphere you'll see him as PaulGi. You can follow him on Twitter at @lithosphere or @bladefrog

There is a lot of me too psuedo research being put out by proclaimed social expert bloggers at the moment, so its very refreshing when real, useful and practical research is published. The team at Altimeter is pioneering the concept of valuable, open research which they give publish and distribute free of charge to anyone who wants it. Kudos to breaking the mould on this!
This week, Jeremiah (@jowyang) and the team published their new report 'The 8 Success Criteria for Facebook Page Marketing' (you can read the article and view the presentation here - http://www.web-strategist.com/blog/2010/07/27/altimeter-report-the-8-success-criteria-for-facebook-p... ). This is a great start for companies wanting to use their Facebook fan page successfully.
All of the eight recommendations for Facebook engagement that Altimeter talk through make total sense, but I particularly liked number six 'Enable Peer to Peet Interaction'. That's definitely like music to our ears here at Lithium - especially considering we are starting to roll out our community to Facebook interaction application. In fact the day that Jeremiah posted about the research was the day we rolled out the very first live production version of our Facebook Q&A product, right here on the Lithosphere!
The Facebook Q&A product gives you a direct real-time connection between your fan page and your customer facing Lithium community - in essence it is bridging the gap between them. Your fans on Facebook can ask questions or search community content directly from the comfort of Facebook. Simultaneously the same question is posted into the board of your choice in the community. Your superusers, experts and advocates can answer these questions just like any other community interaction, with the answer being simultaneous being displayed in Facebook. You can also kudos up a post or an answer directly from Facebook.
It's a very elegant solution to extending your knowledge experts and discussion leaders into Facebook, without having to get them to monitor new social tools.
Go and try it out on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/LithiumTechnologies and click on the Lithosphere Tab. Try it... you might like it!

There is a lot of 'me too' psuedo research and best practice being put out by self-proclaimed social expert bloggers at the moment. So its very refreshing when real, useful and practical research is published. The team at Altimeter is pioneering the concept of valuable, open research which they publish and distribute free of charge to anyone who wants it. Kudos to them for breaking the 'pay to play' mold on this!

This week, Jeremiah (@jowyang) and the team at Altimeter published their new report 'The 8 Success Criteria for Facebook Page Marketing' (you can read the article and view the presentation on the Jeremiah's Blog ). This is a great start for companies wanting to use their Facebook fan page successfully.

All of the eight recommendations for Facebook engagement that Altimeter talk through make total sense, but I particularly liked number six 'Enable Peer to Peer Interaction'. That's definitely like music to our ears here at Lithium - especially considering we are starting to roll out our community to Facebook interaction application.

897i0B4E170B09B6A5A0

In fact, the day that Jeremiah posted about the research was the day we rolled out the very first, live production version of our Facebook Q&A product, right here on the Lithosphere!

The Facebook Q&A product gives you a direct real-time connection between your fan page and your customer facing Lithium community - in essence it is bridging the gap between them. Your fans on Facebook can ask questions or search community content directly from the comfort of Facebook.

Simultaneously the same question is posted into the board of your choice in the community.

Your superusers, experts and advocates can answer these questions just like any other community interaction, with the answer being simultaneous being displayed in Facebook.

You can also kudos up a post or an answer directly from Facebook.

It's a very elegant solution to extending your knowledge experts and discussion leaders into Facebook, without having to get them to monitor new social tools.

Go and try it out on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/LithiumTechnologies and click on the Lithosphere Tab. It's directly connected to our Growing Successful Communities public forum. Try it... you might like it!

Comments
by erynbillings ‎09-03-2010 10:13 AM

Thanks for this!

An interesting read, especially the presentation on 'The 8 Success Criteria for Facebook Page Marketing.'

-EB

by Lithium Alumni (Retired) Lithium Alumni (Retired) ‎09-03-2010 12:22 PM

Thanks for the note Eryn. Let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to help!