Lithium's View blog

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

It's a kind of Magic (Quadrant)...

By KatyK

It's a kind of Magic (Quadrant)...

by Lithium Technologies KatyK ‎07-18-2010 07:13 PM - edited ‎08-16-2010 04:07 PM

Katy KeimKaty Keim is the new Chief Marketing Officer at Lithium Technologies, and we're delighted to have her on board. She will be a frequent contributor in the Social CRM Matters blog.

On the Lithosphere she is KatyK. 

There are any number of puns I could pull on to kick off a post about Gartner’s Magic Quadrants for Externally Facing Social Software and Social CRM – but honestly, part of me wants to jump on the desk and yell ‘D*** STRAIGHT we’re in the leaders quadrant’!

The Gartner Magic Quadrant is a big deal for us (and all vendors who are selected to participate in exercises like this), but I know that people’s reactions to the major analyst reports are always mixed – some people consider these ‘the be all and end all’, some don’t like the results, others aren’t entirely sure what the fuss is all about.
For us, the results of both Magic Quadrants are confirmation that our business vision, platform, approach and, most importantly, the value our customers get, are real. Actually, it’s not just real, it’s provable and repeatable. Lithium believes deeply in its model of making customers successful. 
We all know technology vendors who will love you and leave you. They woo you in a sales pitch only to drop the software at your door. At Lithium, we have a religion about success. We believe in the power of social technologies and want to help guide you to use them in your business to better engage your customers. 
When I joined Lithium just over a month ago, I was impressed at the number of customers who have publicly talked about driving meaningful value for their companies and customers. But now, after talking to our customers I am amazed at how deep that runs – people are making incredible steps forward, and they are rocking their communities.
If you aren’t engaged with Lithium, come talk with us. Listen to our stories about live, vibrant communities owned by our customers. 
In the mean time, I definitely encourage you to take a look at the Magic Quadrant reports, we have licensed them both so you can get them for free, directly from Lithium.com
Gartner Magic Quadrant for Externally Facing Social Software
Gartner Magic Quadrant for Social CR

The Gartner Magic Quadrant is a big deal for us (and all vendors who are selected to participate in exercises like this), but I know that people’s reactions to the major analyst reports are always mixed – some people consider these ‘the be all and end all’, some don’t like the results, others aren’t entirely sure what the fuss is all about.

For us, the results of both Magic Quadrants are confirmation that our business vision, platform, approach and, most importantly, the value our customers get, are real.

Actually, it’s not just real, it’s provable and repeatable.

Lithium believes deeply in its model of making customers successful. We all know technology vendors who will love you and leave you. They woo you in a sales pitch only to drop the software at your door. At Lithium, we have a religion about success. We believe in the power of social technologies and want to help guide you to use them in your business to better engage your customers. 

When I joined Lithium just over a month ago, I was impressed at the number of customers who have publicly talked about driving meaningful value for their companies and customers. But now, after talking to our customers I am amazed at how deep that runs – people are making incredible steps forward, and they are rocking their communities.

If you aren’t engaged with Lithium, come talk with us. Listen to our stories about live, vibrant communities owned by our customers. In the mean time, I definitely encourage you to take a look at the Magic Quadrant reports, we have licensed them both so you can get them for free, directly from Lithium.com:

Comments
by Hero on ‎07-20-2010 04:43 AM

Katy,

Congratulations!  Certainly well deserved.   It might also be worth noting Lithium's movement within the magic quadrant from year to year.  Last year, or was it the year before (?), Lithium was not yet in the leader quadrant and as I read the report at that time, I found myself asking "but what about their services, what about their roadmap and vision, did anyone actually talk to them?"    Fast forward a year and Lithium's vision is clearly transforming into execution, and it's great to see Lithium's progress reflected in the report. 

The 2010 LiNC conference was fantastic, and it was clear to see Lithium's increasing growth and relevance in the industry growing year over year.  I expect the magic quadrant is simply reflecting what was evident to those who have been a part of the evolving story over the last several years.   Thanks for sharing this journey with your clients, and allowing us to be a small part of this developing story.

I hope next year finds us all further toward that top right corner.

Best regards,

Mark