Lithys 2011: Best Community ROI: AT&T

Lithys 2011: Best Community ROI: AT&T

Company: AT&Tatt.png

Categories: Best Community ROI

Entered by: Becky Woodworth (beckyww)

Community Name: AT&T Community

URL: forums.att.com

Partnership – That’s the reason the return on investment for AT&T’s community has increased so dramatically.

In late October, 2010, AT&T and Lithium partnered to refine, polish and consolidate three different communities birthed at different times for different purposes from different AT&T business units. Our Wireless, DSL & Internet and U-verse communities operated largely independently without shared authentication, common design or similar structure.

After fixing “the outside” of AT&T forums in October, 2010, we then leveraged our Lithium partnership to address “the inside” in February, 2011.

Following Lithium’s advice on best practices, we analyzed months of customer data, board content, etc, to totally overhaul our community organization, categories and navigation.

The community likes the changes, and we like the ROI.

The ROI results to date include:

• A steady increase in Board Replies since initial 2010 consolidation – in fact, an average of 310 vs. 164 Board Replies daily 

Our members are more engaged – answering more questions – deflecting more calls.

• A 16% increase in call shed savings January 2010 – January 2011 
  • A 14% increase in call shed savings February 2010 – February 2011 
  • A 14% increase in call shed savings March 2010 – March 2011 

The mission of AT&T is to connect people with their world, everywhere they live and work, and do it better than anyone else. We believe our community is a growing contributor in fulfilling that mission.

att2.png

3 Comments

Becky,

I really like the look and glad to see that the thoughtful design and data driven approach is producing solid business ROI for you, year to year.  Success!

Mark

Expert

Thanks Mark. I look forward to seeing (and everyone else) at LiNC 2011 on the 18th.

Shawn

Boss

Nice forum with a clean layout!  I've gotten some good information there in the wireless boards.