We have some exciting changes coming to the case portal. To see the changes that are on their way come and visit our blog.

Guide to the new Lithium Community

86% helpful (29/34)

Welcome to the Lithium Community! This is the place to learn and connect with digital pioneers and social business experts from around the industry - plus you'll find a wealth of resources and knowledge to get the most out of the Lithium platform. We know so much information can be overwhelming - we hope this guide will help you find the content you're looking for, and clarify where you should post your questions.

Before posting, please make sure you:

• Review our Community Guidelines
  • Search the community to see if your question has already been answered, or if there's already an ongoing discussion in which you could participate.

Blogs

• Social Media Management - Our home for best practices, methods of measurement and product updates on all things pertaining to Social Publishing and Social Response. Learn how to amplify your digital customer engagement strategy via Lithium’s Social Media Management.
    • Online Communities - Read up on community management best practices, analytics, customer success stories and product updates and how to get the best out of the Lithium Community Platform!
    • Science of Social - Learn about the Science of Social directly from our Chief Scientist Michael Wu  who shares  insights into social customer behaviors, big data, superfans, gamification, influence, relationships, and more.
    • Lithium's View - Read the latest news and announcements & get the dish on  managing your social customer experience: from viewpoint,  insight, analysis and best practice guidance. 

Join the discussion

Main destinations are listed below. You can visit the category page for the full listing.

Social Media Management

The place to discuss Social Publishing and Social response.

Customer Area - Previously: Lithium Reach & Response
Online Communities

Whether it be discussing online communities as a whole, or how to best utilize the Lithium Community Platform.

Public Area - Previously: Technology

Strategy

Discuss digital strategies with Lithium experts and other community professionals here.

Public Area - Previously: Strategy & Best Practices

Customer Connection

Whether managing members, deploying new features or championing your cause internally, this is your private place to connect directly with other Lithium customers, share your experiences, and ask questions.

Customer Area

Product Ideas

Collaborate with your peers and our product management team and share your ideas to improve and innovate the platform.

Customer Area

Suggestions for our Community

Want to help improve the Lithium Community specifically? Share your feedback with the community team here.

Public Area

Knowledge & Support

Search our extensive Documentation to learn how to setup, configure & use the Lithium platform, browse the Best Practice Center for inspiration on maximizing the value you get out of Lithium platform, and view the latest Release Notes to stay up to date on the latest features. Other main destinations are listed below and you can visit the landing page for the full listing.

Best Practice Center

Inspiration and recommendations to get more out of your Lithium Community and Social Media Management.

Customer Area

Release Notes

Learn about the newest features for Lithium Communities and Lithium Social Media Management.

Customer Area

Training & Certification

With campus access, you may watch video tutorials to learn how to configure and manage our products and how to customize and extend the platform. View them any time, learn at your own pace, and track your progress for each track.

Customer Area

Support Board

Still can't find what you're looking for? Post here to get assistance from our skilled Support engineers with your questions about the Lithium platform. Note:  If you are looking for assistance with customizations and development, please visit the Developer Discussion area.

Customer Area

Case Portal
Gold and Platinum Support customers can file a case directly with the Lithium Customer Support team. Please include as much detail as possible in order to expedite case turnaround time.

Developer Network

There's a wealth of information available here on developing for the Lithium platform. See our Developer Documentation Portal. Read our Developer's Knowledge Base for additional information. Or join the Developer Discussion if you have any questions about customizations, API, or best practices.

Exclusive areas

Please note some areas of our community are exclusive to registered customers and partners.

Click here to find out if you have the right access to the Lithium Community and how to submit your access requests.

If you still aren't sure where to post:

• Try your best to find the most relevant forum or idea exchange. We've listed the most popular discussion areas as well as latest additions above to help guide you.
  • Our team will make sure content ends up in the most appropriate location if necessary, and is of course always available to answer any questions you might have. Look for us online, or direct your questions or concerns to communityhelp@lithium.com

If you have any suggestions on how we can improve this guide, don't hesitate to leave us comments below.

Thanks!

Version history
Revision #:
15 of 15
Last update:
‎08-09-2017 01:27 PM
Updated by:

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Comments

It hurts my eyes!!!

I still wish more forums were public Smiley Wink

Liam

B2B
Customer Experience

@Liam

If you want to have access to more areas of the community, you need to have the purpose to access to more conversations. For exemple, here are a few ways to increase your access.

1. you become so active and valuable that you become one of our trusted superusers, or
  2. you work for a company as a partner or
  3. you work for (or  you are a contractor for) one of our customers or
  4. you become a Lithium employee.

These are four ways from the top of my head...but there might be more..

How do I start a new thread!?

The website says 'ask the community' then I come here and there's nowhere to start a new thread!?

Am I being thick?! Where's the 'new topic' button gone!?

Hi @edholden sorry to hear you are having trouble posting threads. You can start a new thread by clicking the "New Message" text at the upper left of a forum page; it is located left of "Options", below the search box, and right above the first listed topic. Hopefully this helps.

Consulting

I was invited by Lithium staffer JeffS to sent him a direct message on the system in regard to this thread. 

https://community.lithium.com/t5/Suggestions-for-our-community/Where-to-ask-questions-about-Klout/m-...

I opened JeffS's profile 

https://community.lithium.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/197

and looked for a place to send a message.  Didn't find it.

I went back to the forum and mousedover the gear-shaped settings icon on his post. Not there.

I found it by mousingover his icon in the thread.  "New Message"

Clicking that I was taken to a page that said I don't have sufficient permissin on this site to do that.  I could send an email to lithium or access this guide.

I remembered that there was an email I had received "Welcome to the Lithium Community" and wondered if I needed to verify my email.  Turns out I did.  

Note to Lithium:  When you send out an email requesting an action, the Subject should be "Action needed: Please verify your email address" (action oriented) rather than "Welcome to the community" (doesn't prompt user to open it and do something).

Verifying my email address did not fix this issue. 

So, here I am at your Guide page.  I used Find on Page to search for info about Messages.  Didn't find it.  So what exactly do I need to do?  

Hi @wittier, apologies about the inconvenience.

You should be able to PM other users now.

Have a great day!

Hi @wittier  thanks for the good feedback regarding the activation email. We'll look at tweaking title and messaging so it is clear that the email address will need to be verified to gain full access to community features. I understand the team is already in touch about your inability to send private messages which should be resolved now. Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

-Julie

Consulting

Thank you @JulieH and @KennethS  for the follow up. 

Is Lithium some kind of support platform like Jive?  I'm having some flashbacks.  Not as bad as Jive but there are similarities in my experience, documented above.  

Consulting

Lithium, please note:  

When creating the posts here that had straight URLs pasted in for your reference so that you could see the tweets and posts I was referring to, Lithium gave me the following warning when I tried to Post Your Comment.  

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied

Now I was just posting the URLs of tweets and posts in this community.lithium.com site.  I know of no other HTML in my posts.  I didn't use any of the text formatting options on your site.  I only used the default "RICH TEXT" entry box to make my posts.

If your machines need to make some kind of adjustments to the URLs, just do it.  I don't need a warning in red just because I'm trying to document what's going on with simple pasted URLs.    This warning is just another step.  It's overly complex. It added no value to my experience.  I have no idea what HTML your site recognized and "corrected" for me.  It's not useful to me or to you.   And I'm only noting it because it happened again to me when I documented the result of Klout getting back to me by email on the original thread where @JeffS was trying to help me.  (here: https://community.lithium.com/t5/Suggestions-for-our-community/Where-to-ask-questions-about-Klout/m-... )

Thanks.

And I just got the same error again when trying to post this comment.  See image:

Red HTML warning on Lithium Community

@wittier, the error you saw was referring to the http/domain part of the URL, which it does not like and strips it from the URL so that it becomes a relative community URL starting with /t5/... instead.   Perhaps a more subtle warning message would be better that the error, but that's all it was.

Consulting

Thanks for that explanation

I have seen the same red HTML warning just for using text formatting

Or for using links that aren't from the community

i just triggered it again with the same .

Dear Lithium team,

I'm new to this forum and can't send private messages to any member. (I was triying to contact a lithium customer agent).

Regarding this purpose, do you know how long does it take to get the demo to start playing with? I have alredy requested it and I'm dying to try it out...

Thanks in advance, best regards.

Manuel

Hi @cmvecino, you should be able to send private messages now.

Hi @KennethS, thank you!

I am not able to read release notes of Lithium Smiley Sad

Hi @keshavkelkar

You should contact Community Help department (via communityhelp@lithium.com) regarding access on Community.

Hi Team!

Are there any short videos describing how to use the community?