We have just launched the next generation case portal. Please visit our blog to find out what changes this brings. If you are experiencing any issues accessing the case portal please reach out to: Support.
Business Development
Klout

Klout Score

@wittier @edaccessible @chaebae @mjdwarner  

Just a little SHOCK here today.. My klout has been jumping around here lately.. On Aug7th, 2017 up .23 Klout score 80 

Aug 8th, 2017 down .10 Klout score 79... On Aug 9th, 2017 down .86 klout score 79.. 

Have you noticed this volatile fluctuation in your scores? What is going on? Any feedback appreciated.. any ideas?? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES
Highlighted
Consulting

Re: Klout Score

Thanks for reporting what you've seen @cindycapo.  I've noticed larger-than-usual swings in recent days for my score which is similar to yours, 78-80 range. 

I don't think the bigger one-day jumps (drops) in my score are due to changes in my online behavior.  

We've seen these periods of greater variability in the past.  We've also seen when a big jump is followed by a drop a day or two later, and vice versa.  Clearly some kind of glitch that gets corrected on its own.

My guess is that they changed how they're processing info, or the data isn't flowing in with the same regularity.  But it's pretty slight.

That said, your change of 0.86 in a single day at a score of 80 is unusual.  Like I said, usually big swings like these self-correct within a few days.  Also when we check with friends they often see the same kind of changes at the same time.    Fewer people are monitoring scores daily now than ever before. So the scores to 2 decimals and reports of changes aren't as readily available to us.

Overall, the 90-day range of scores remains narrow.  The tides rise and fall.

Good luck everyone!

Message 2 of 8
Accessibility
Disabilities

Thanks @cindycapo & @wittier. My klout score has been in a downward spiral that started on June 17th when it was at 80.74. Today my score went down .12 to reach 79.79. The 90 day spread is highest score 80.91 and lowest score is 79.79. It is certainly puzzling since I have not made any major changes to the way I post. At this rate I will hit 79 before the end of the week.

Thank you and happy hump day!

Message 3 of 8
Accessibility
Disabilities

Hi again @cindycapo &  @wittier. Guess what? Today I had a major drop of 0.91 taking me to 78.81

I did not make any changes on my end but is in line with what you experience Cindy. Wondering what is causing this. Any ideas?

Message 4 of 8
Business Development
Klout

@edaccessible  @wittier  

I do believe I have found the culprit.. It is the Instagram authorization connection to Klout.. 

I have been trying to reauthorize my Instagram for days, to no avail.. 

It could very well be something on the Instagram end.. Not the Klout end.. 

IFTTT has had major problems with Instagram, anyone connecting IG to IFTTT was experiencing disconnections, So I disconnected it totally..

What would happen if we disconnected our IG's totally?  Would we suffer another major drop? 

I think we allready have ...  HELP....

Message 5 of 8
Accessibility
Disabilities

@cindycapo @wittier

Cindy, I believe you are right on the money. I am sure IG updated their API and Klout has not done their part. This is frustrating to say the least. I will reach out to both IG and Klout via Twitter to see if I get any responses. I will make sure I let you both know.

Have a great day guys!!

Message 6 of 8
Consulting

HI @cindycapo @edaccessible

It seems like Klout isn't picking up Instagram data like it usually does.

On Twitter, many Klout users have commented that they have been unable to reauthorize the Instagram Network on their Klout settings. 

We've seen some responses from @kloutsupport on Twitter saying "we know. we're sorry. we're working on it."    This has been going on for several weeks.   

I will create a post here to try to bring this to someone's attention at Klout and Lithium.

Message 7 of 8
Business Development
Klout

Thank you Eduardo.. @edaccessible @wittier it is perplexing.. 

Message 8 of 8