We have just launched the next generation case portal. Please visit our blog to find out what changes this brings. If you are experiencing any issues accessing the case portal please reach out to: Support.
Community Management

Announcing Lithium’s Media Experience

Photos are becoming increasingly important engagement points in community content. That’s why we’re excited to announce the launch of our Media Experience, right here on the Lithium Community!

Our Goal

We want to make it easy and quick to share photo content in a community. And we want to make it quick and easy to discover and consume that photo content.

The Media Experience includes these new features:

• New Photo Components: Add visual appeal to your pages! Surface photos that users are sharing in the community, and provide a new way to discover and explore new content. Our new components include: Top Photo Contributors, Latest Photos, Latest Photos per node, Top Kudoed Photos, In This Topic and My Photos.

1.png

• Lightbox Photo Viewer: Magnify an image give it kudos, and browse others like it.
  • Redesigned Photo Uploader: Our new uploader allows you to upload multiple files at the same time, with instant preview, inline captioning, and more!

Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 2.57.22 PM.png

• Photo Captioning: Add captions as you upload images! Captions add commentary within messages, in the lightbox viewer, and within photo albums.
  • TinyMCE Toolbar:
 We’ve made the “Photos” button easier to find so users will know how they can add images. 

toolbar.png

• Image Attachment Migration: 
Have you noticed users contributing images as file attachments? This optional tool allows you to convert them for inline display. 

• Masonry Message View: Present topics and show off the images! This is particularly great for forums where engaging images are shared often, like our LiNC Event Group.

While the Media Experience is live today on the Lithium Community, it is currently in closed beta. In the meantime, take a peek here and let us know what you think. @AndyH and the team are looking for your feedback, so share it in the comments here!

Tags (1)
23 Comments

Hi Jason!

We'll be making headway with Contests in the next couple of months - though that will be within our Responsive product. Avatars work isn't scheduled yet but I still hope to cover that.

I hope you'll consider implementing Media v4 before coverage is 100%. I understand the desire for consistency but I also hate to see users wait to enjoy the benefits of the new uploader and lightbox across Forums, TKB, Ideas, Blogs, Comments, Groups, Q&A, and Private Messages.

Community Management
Journalism

Thanks for the update @AndyH

Agree that the uploader is a huge improvement and I'm very keen to roll it out. I'm just concerned about confusing users - our focus with Workshop has been to make the site as easy to use as possible for everyone. Will give it some more thought.

Jason 

Test 1Test 1Test 2Test 2Test 3Test 3Test 4Test 4Test 5Test 5

Test

Lithys

Lithy Awards 2017

The winners in digital CX have been crowned!

See the winners!!