Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Announcing the Lithosphere’s Hall of Fame – the VIP Council

Paul Gilliham is Lithium's Director of Customer Marketing,  responsible for customer engagement marketing, social media and Lithium's own community, the Lithosphere.

He is a regular blogger for Lithium and in the Lithosphere you'll see him as PaulGi. You can follow him on Twitter at @lithosphere or @bladefrog

At Lithium we love superusers. They are the life blood of communities – we talk about them all the time. Joe Cothrel presents at event after event talking about the impact they have on community and Dr Wu has dug into the depths of measuring their impact on customer communities and the larger networks.

The Lithosphere is no different – we have a great group of contributors, experts and front line practitioners who weigh in on topics, help other users, suggest new features and help spread the love for Lithium.

In light of that, today I am delighted to announce the formation of the Lithosphere VIP Council. The VIP Council is a select group, the top contributors to the lithosphere both in terms of content and kudos, and they represent some serious community firepower.

You’ll spot a VIP Council member by their purple coloured name and VIP Council badge.

With promotion to our ‘Hall of Fame’ comes not only the respect of the community but they gain certain privileges too. VIP Council inductees can:

-          upload their own avatars,  

-          author and edit TKB articles,

-          have the ability to post from our Twitter integration (with their own accounts)

-          and they have additional kudos weighting

There could also be some other interesting features that they get to access too, but they will have to discover those for themselves!

Please join me in welcoming the 2010 Inductees to the VIP Council:

• Mark Hopkins, Lenovo (Mark_Hopkins)
  • Will Rose, T-Mobile (Potential)
  • Jane Loyless (jloyless)
  • John Van Horn, Jigsaw Software (JohnnyJigsaw)
  • Laura Feeney, National Instruments (Laura)
  • Jason Parker, Best Buy (Jason)
  • Laura Buchanan, Future Shop (LauraB)
  • Christian Barnes, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (Mojoswift)
  • Anton Chiang, Juniper Networks (ac)
  • Juha-Matti Heikkinen, Nokia (JuhisH)

Watch out for them on Lithosphere, I am sure that if you have a question, these will be one of the first people to jump in to help you out.

We will be reviewing users on a regular basis for inclusion to the VIP Council, you never know – you might be next!

Tags (1)
7 Comments
Honored Contributor

Thank you so much!  I'm pleased and honored to be named to the council!

Jane

Esteemed Contributor Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you Paul! I am very honored to be part of the VIP Council!

Honored Contributor
Community Management
Expert

Paul,

Thanks for this.  I think we'll learn a lot using these new permissions as users on the Lithosphere, and then by observing how we feel, we will gain insights into how to motivate our best users to make more use of these features!  

Now, when are you going to put the FB share on this so we can post these to our wall... you know, bragging rights and all...

Mark

Honored Contributor
Community Management
Expert

Paul,

Found the share bar... so, *doh*. 

Honored Contributor

Congratulations to all of you! Our Community Manager was at #LiNC and tweeted about this right away :) May you all be blessed with weighted kudos.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks Paul! It's an honor. I was wondering about the badge and, being old school, was waiting for an email to tell me what it was all about :D

Our superusers have a lot of ideas and suggestions and I've been telling them to visit Lithosphere and participate in Ideas. Maybe someday we'll see Lithium end users in the VIP council?

Honored Contributor

Junish wrote:  Maybe someday we'll see Lithium end users in the VIP council?

Well, actually, that would be me, and I was tickled pink over it, too!  ;-)