APIs
Classical Music

Focusing on what we do best-- measuring social impact and topic expertise

Klout logo.png

First,  thank you to those who took the time to respond to our survey-- your feedback is extremely valuable and critical to improving Klout. We’re still going through thousands of responses with a fine-toothed comb, but expect to see your suggestions incorporated in future product cycles.

We are committed to providing you with tools and guidance to better understand, leverage, and grow your social presence. To that end, on Monday, April 18th, we will be discontinuing two Klout.com features that no longer meet our mission:

• The Network Activity tabs on the Measure Page  will be replaced with a new widget, offering a closer look at your top areas of expertise.
  • Moments from user profiles will be removed.

Keep better tabs on your expertiseKeep better tabs on your expertise

We found these features do not provide relevant insight into the areas of your success and don’t provide added guidance on how to be more successful.  Now, you can see the progress you’re making in specific topical expertise.

Many social products, including Twitter and Facebook, have released free analytics suites of their own that duplicate, and, in some cases, enhance, these efforts. Twitter’s Analytics, for example, gives you a great overview of your social engagement performance and has expanded to include real-time impression data. Similarly, you can use this to customize your top moments through products that leverage Twitter’s Collections API, or simply pin a Tweet to your profile. This isn’t a ticker tape of how your score is calculated, but it is an excellent way to monitor how your content is performing in real-time.

Where We’re Going

Relevance is one of the most important insights we can provide: how well are you engaging and growing your audience in certain areas? Context isn’t just moment-to-moment, engagement-to-engagement, post-to-post. It is also built up over time, encompassing hundreds of features, calculations, and ratios, and we’ll be looking for ways to make this more visual, relevant, and useful.

Klout Topics add much-needed context to that engagement. The Klout Score is a broad, high-level insight describing, at-a-glance, your consistent potential to be engaged. Behind the scenes, Klout Topics also have a scoring algorithm behind them, and you see a product of that in Klout Experts badging, along with the percentages we display. Both the Klout Score and Klout Topics are part of a larger system: your scores aren’t only based on how you and your brand is performing, but how the entire known social landscape is performing. Macro and micro effects have weight.

In the future, we want to deliver more actionable insights and content that will guide you towards building a more relevant and engaged audience.

Devon_Singletary (1).jpegTyler Singletary is the VP & GM of Klout and Consumer Data for Lithium. He is responsible for the operation, health, and direction of Klout’s website, integrations, and data assets, such as Klout.com, the Klout API, and partnerships with Twitter and others. Tyler has 18+ years of experience across technology, from law firms to startups. Prior to joining Lithium, he led Data Strategy & Developer Relations at Klout . He is a board member of the Big Boulder Initiative, a social data trade organization, and a recognized writer and speaker on data & API ethics and strategy. On Twitter, he’s @harmophone.

• Klout
  • Lithium News
45 Comments

Thank you!!

Accessibility
Disabilities

Thank you @TylerSi for sharing the latest update on what's coming down the pike with regard to the Klout's algorithm. @jestepar thank you for brining it to my attention my friend.

Business Development
Klout

@TylerSi  @edaccessible @jestepar  @wittier

Thank you for the update.. I have had many questions about the daily scoring...

I am really tired of all the negativity surrounding Klout, as I'm sure everyone else is..

Relevancy is very important to Social Media..  

Thanks again.

On Friday, I pitched Klout to my CEO to track his overall online influence with the awesome aggregated analytics. He gave me the green light and I signed him up yesterday and linked all accounts but his Wiki page. Now I have to figure out how to give him the simple reach analytics I promised him going forward. I am concerned. To soften the blow, will you help me figure out how to connect his Wikipedia page to his Klout profile? Thanks...
Accessibility
Disabilities

Hi @PatriotWriter Please read below:

If you have a Wikipedia page, that page must be unmodified for at least 30 days for it to be eligible to be connected to Klout. Also, if you've had a Wikipedia page that was deleted in the past by Wikipedia, you cannot request to have another page added to Klout.  

Note: You cannot manually link a Wikipedia page to your account, so you must email help@klout.com for further assistance. After the page is added by Klout, the updated Wikipedia stats will be live on your dashboard within a few days.

Good luck!! Having a wikipedia page guarantees a fairly high score. 

Thanks for the nice KLOUT internet level job ! 

APIs
Classical Music

Hi, @PatriotWriter,

Thank you for being with us and being engaged, as well as referring us in your company!

@edaccessible is correct about the proper procedure for Wikipedia connection. Because Wikipedia doesn't have a programmatic way to verify authenticity, our team has to go through a manual procedure to connect and accept a Wikipedia page. help@klout.com can help get that process started.

Our analytics have not gone away: The Klout Score and our topical metrics remains and are simple ways to stay on top of your reach, share of voice, and audience engagement. And it's worth saying that this revision isn't the only revision we'll have, there will likely be some more refinements to the feature after launch.  The score graph will still be there, along with an easier summary of your top areas of expertise. I think these metrics ought to meet your CEO's needs.

Consulting

Without having digested what all this means, I'll give three kudos.

1. Very good to see Lithium focusing on Klout and developing the platform.
  2. @TylerSi has writing skills that are stronger than we've seen in some previous Klout posts. He seems to be a seasoned and thoughtful contributor. Thank you.
  3. Perhaps most importantly: It's GREAT that Lithium/Klout linked to this community forum right on the Klout page.  This could bring in more than the handful of loyal users who helped get the Klout community discussion board started and now participate here.  We welcome more participation by all who are seriously interested in keeping Klout relevant.  Please keep featuring the forum and perhaps link directly to the KLOUT forum  http://community.lithium.com/t5/Klout-Discussion/bd-p/kloutdiscussion whenever possible .

Thanks!

APIs
Classical Music

Thanks, @wittier. I wish I could take all of the credit, but it takes a village to craft any post.

We're glad the forum is appreciated and look forward to deeper use there. 

Digital Marketing
Social Media

Looking forward to seeing the updates.

Lithys

Lithy Awards 2017

Voting is now closed. Winners will be announced on June 14th!!

See the nominees!