We have some exciting changes coming to the case portal. To see the changes that are on their way come and visit our blog.

Leading Up to LiNC Local: A Story From Melbourne

_MG_7050.jpg

Icebreaker: If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

Oh man, I only get to pick one? Pizza-burgers then! I can’t decide. No but seriously, it would be a USA Today pizza from Shawcross Pizza joint in Fitzroy. They do a 22” USA-style pizza which is totally on point, their pepperoni is nuts.

What is one of your best memories of attending a past LiNC?

I must say whilst the conference is amazing and you learn a lot, my favourite part of the trip was definitely the social side to the event. Meeting other people who work in the same industry—not just from Australia, but from all around the world—in a relaxed, informal environment was an experience money can’t buy, and it opens your mind up to a lot of different perspectives and experiences. I made some new professional contacts and even some friends in my brief time there, which was truly valuable.

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 11.15.50 AM.png Tell us an example of the value LiNC has brought to you and your team. Did you get certified at LiNC or learn a priceless best practice from a peer?

I did attend two of the master classes with Joe Cothrel the day before the conference began, which was unreal. I got some one-on-one time with him which enabled me to really drill down on developing an ROI model for our Community – the lessons learnt from these sessions have since evolved in to a comprehensive set of metrics that has unequivocally proved the value that our platform is providing. We report this all the way up to the executive team internally and use it as a measure of success, and it wouldn’t have happened without LiNC.

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 11.21.34 AM.png

For customers who have never attended a LiNC, what’s your top reason(s) they should attend LiNC Sydney?

First and foremost – it’s fun, you’ll have a blast! With so many like-minded people in the room, you’re guaranteed to meet some interesting people and I personally guarantee you’ll learn something (even if you’re a bit head strong, like me!). Secondly, the old “work hard, play hard” game is strong with Lithium - nobody puts on a party like they do, and given how hard all of us work you deserve it!

What are you most looking forward to with LiNC Sydney?

I’m really looking forward to catching up with some folks I haven’t seen since last LiNC, understanding what’s been happening in their world and being able to showcase our own success over the past 12 months (a bit of shameless self-promotion never hurt anyone!). I’m also excited for the conference content, and the new format. Really keen to hear how the broader industry has changed in the past year and to see who’s speaking.

Finally, for people traveling to Sydney, what’s one tourist site that’s worth a visit?

Being a Melbourne native, the rivalry between us and Sydney is legendary – I’m not sure I can recommend a good tourist spot in good conscience! But seriously, jump on a jet boat and go for a burn around the harbour, then head over to Rockpool for a steak and some amazing wine.

Be sure to register for LiNC Local Sydney on July 20!

---------

Liam Woods ( @Limydoo) is the Community Manager of AGL Energy's Lithium Community. He also manages the strategic direction of our use of the Social Web platform. 

Lithys

Lithy Awards 2017

The winners in digital CX have been crowned!

See the winners!!