Sunsetting Klout: FAQ

Last week, Lithium CEO Pete Hess announced the decision to sunset the Klout service, effective May 25, 2018. In the time since the announcement, we have had several inquiries around how this decision affects you and the Lithium solutions you are using.  Addressing the most frequent:

Why is Lithium sunsetting Klout?

As we are doubling down on our strategic focus on being the leading provider of digital customer care solutions for brands, the consumer Klout website and the data API no longer make sense as standalone services. The expertise and the valuable AI and machine learning capabilities underlying Klout will persist in our solution suite, including within a revised social impact scoring tool. The new social impact scoring leverages the AI capabilities of Klout but does so with a revised algorithm focused solely on Twitter data and a refined and GDPR-compliant data retention approach.  

Is Lithium shutting Klout down due to GDPR?

No, we had been planning the shutdown of Klout for some time. The upcoming deadline for GDPR implementation simply expedited our plans to sunset Klout.

Will this impact my agent workflow, or how we currently use Lithium?

For customers who are currently using Lithium SMM, the only changes they should experience are cosmetic updates to the user interface to remove the Klout branding.  All of the AI and machine learning capabilities of SMM (prioritized routing, auto scheduling, audience insights, social impact ranking, etc) are available natively within the tool and will continue.  

Do I need to do anything as a result of this?

No. For customers using Lithium SMM, all functionality will continue while we adjust the AI and machine learning algorithms in the background to focus solely on Twitter data.  

What if I use Profile Plus in Community - do I need to do anything as a result of this?

We are working with the handful of customers who are currently using Profile Plus, a Klout-based feature in Lithium Community, which will be going away and will no longer be visible in the admin console or LSI analytics dashboard. While this should not have any negative impact on page design/display, customers might want to review their page layout to see if they'd want to make any other page design adjustments when these components disappear.

Should you have any further questions or concerns about this announcement, please feel free to reach out to KloutQuestions@lithium.com

Lithys

Lithy Awards 2017

The winners in digital CX have been crowned!

See the winners!!