We have some exciting changes coming to the case portal. To see the changes that are on their way come and visit our blog.

Bonus points & Ranking

SOLVED

Hi, 

We have a user we want to bump up a couple of ranks so thought we'd use the bonus points to give them the relevant points for that specific rank.

I've tested using a test account to see if the bonus points work to get them up a few ranks but the rank doesn't change for the user.  

Just to add, I've triple checked that Bonus Points is turned on in CA Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Danni 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Community Management
Software Development
Solution

@danni_v -  You will need to add (arbitrary_points) to your ranking formula.  There is no proper documentation for the bonus points, this is what I found here https://community.lithium.com/t5/Bonus-points/About-bonus-points/tac-p/216625/highlight/true#M8. 

If you want to achieve this using customization, you can add a custom component on ViewProfilePage and can check user points there.  If the user reaches to the points which required for a new rank. You can assign a role to it using RestAPI. 

This role should be required for a rank which you want the user to have. 

Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark solution if it answers your query.
Tariq
Message 2 of 3

Perfect! 

Added +(arbitrary_points) to all the rank formulas and it works Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3