Smiirl Integration

Has anyone had success with Smiirl's custom web counter? We are looking to connect them to individual superusers Kudo count.

Any best practices would be very welcome. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES
Highlighted
Software Development

Re: Smiirl Integration

Hey @Kronshage

looks like the device only requires an input JSON endpoint that provides the counter value. I think if you create a Custom Studio Endpoint that returns the number of kudos for a given user (maybe accepting a user ID as a parameter) - it should do the trick.

Thanks,

Paolo Tagliaferri
Principal Technical Consultant

Lithium
Message 2 of 6
Community Management
User Experience Design

@Kronshage as @PaoloT mentioned, this just requires a JSON input which can be generated by an endpoint.  Moreover, for your case, you need to custom code to get the super users kudo in the endpoint and pass that to your smiirl counter.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Varun
Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark solution if it answers your query
Message 3 of 6
Community Management
Navigation

Thanks for sharing this product link, @Kronshage - I just spent 15 minutes on their page and was about to order one right away Smiley Happy

I think the integration can be pretty straight forward if you just use this API v1 link for the kudo count of each of your super users: http://community.lithium.com/restapi/vc/users/login/Kronshage/kudos/received/count

Previously known as Claudius. New profile - Now even more content
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.
Message 4 of 6
Software Development

This will actually return JSON : http://community.lithium.com/restapi/vc/users/login/Kronshage/kudos/received/count?restapi.response_format=json

However their page does not specify if a specific JSON format is required, or if you can configure which element to look at. If a specific format is required, an endpoint will likely help.

Paolo Tagliaferri
Principal Technical Consultant

Lithium
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the replies everyone. I will definitely keep you posted once we get the devices in hand and have a chance to test them. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6