We have some exciting changes coming to the case portal. To see the changes that are on their way come and visit our blog.

Some novice questions about Lithium

SOLVED

Hi Guys,

I'm new here.

I'm considering using Lithium as a Community Support forum and I need it to have the following features:

1. Ability to reward users for helping other users (stars, badges, etc.)

2. Ability to mark a 'best answer' (which I've seen there is)

3. Ability to import post from file (let's say csv or excel)

4. A strong back office with some statistics such as: user with most comments, rush hours, time to respond, employees answer, how many correct answers has a user submit, etc.

5. Ability to embed the Q&A forum to an existing site

Are these all available in Lithium?

I can't find a straight answer.

Thanks a lot!

Kurtzi.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY
Highlighted
Solution

Welcome kurtzi ! Below are my responses, by no means authoritative they are just from experience. There are multiple ways to "skin the cat" with Lithium.  

1. You have Kudos and Badges (Badges are extra $ IIRC) you also have ratings and other types like "Me Too" 

2. Yes, Solutions / Solved and with some tweaks, permission  & text string adjustment you can make "verified answers", so only a select role can mark posts as solved. 

3. A couple of options here, write your own via the API or get Lithium Professional Service to assist, depends on how much data. Its harder to maintain the original owner of the post unless you import those members too and have a way to match them up.

4. Lithium provides this via LSi https://community.lithium.com/t5/Analytics/ct-p/docs-measuringcommunitysuccess. But you can use the API to do basic custom reporting if you can't get exactly what you're after. Someone can correct me here if I'm mistaken, but time-based metrics, like when is  "rush hour" and when things occur aren't always that easy to do. 

5. Lithium has Active Cast widgets that let you drop <scripts> into a 3rd party website fairly easily, although I'm not certain Q&A is available via Active Cast. (anyone?) You can also use the API and Endpoints to create your own basic RESTful service to send and receive data from Lithium. (note: that'd be dev heavy)

kurtzi wrote:

1. Ability to reward users for helping other users (stars, badges, etc.)

2. Ability to mark a 'best answer' (which I've seen there is)

3. Ability to import post from file (let's say csv or excel)

4. A strong back office with some statistics such as: user with most comments, rush hours, time to respond, employees answer, how many correct answers has a user submit, etc.

5. Ability to embed the Q&A forum to an existing site

Message 2 of 2