We have just launched the next generation case portal. Please visit our blog to find out what changes this brings. If you are experiencing any issues accessing the case portal please reach out to: Support.
Highlighted

What is 'Insert Code'?

Hello,

I've

noticed on our Community platform users have the ability in the text editor to 'Insert Code'. Is there information available that details what this enables members to post? 

We have turned off HTML permissions and we do not want users to post HTML or active content in Community, hence my question on this topic. 

Thanks. Reply_to_Message_-_The_eBay_Community.png

Community Manager - eBay
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES
Community Management
Software Development
Customer Service
Social Media
Analytics
Solution

Re: What is 'Insert Code'?

The insert code button is typically used by technical communities to allow a poster to include a code sample in their post to share or discuss with other users without the risk of the code actually executing. If that need does not arise for your community, you can create a support ticket requesting the removal of that button from your community editor.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."
Message 2 of 3

Re: What is 'Insert Code'?

RobbL wrote:

The insert code button is typically used by technical communities to allow a poster to include a code sample in their post to share or discuss with other users without the risk of the code actually executing. If that need does not arise for your community, you can create a support ticket requesting the removal of that button from your community editor.

Wow! Thanks so much for the quick reply @RobbL! This makes a lot of sense. 

Community Manager - eBay
Message 3 of 3