We have just launched the next generation case portal. Please visit our blog to find out what changes this brings. If you are experiencing any issues accessing the case portal please reach out to: Support.

community skin changes are not reflecting

Hi 

I tried changing skin in studio and its not reflecting in the community page. Also I tried to change header but same result.

Thanks

Jack

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES
Highlighted
Web Design
Web Development

Re: community skin changes are not reflecting

Hi Jack,  welcome to the community Smiley Happy

When you modified the Skin was this done through Community Admin or Studio settings on your staging environment?

Changes to the community Skin can be applied in several ways, I'd recommend taking a look at the About Skins documentation which gives a good overview of how skins work on the community.

If you're already familiar with the guide linked above you can follow the steps to Apply a Skin to your community.

Let us know if you need any further help

Robert

Click the Kudos button below if you find my posts helpful. If I've answered your query please click the Mark Solution button to help others find the same answer.
Message 2 of 8
Community Management
User Experience Design

@jganes24 - Seems like you have some other skin applied to the community, check inside the Admin > Display > Skins and see if the same skin is applied to the page you are editing in the studio.

I hope this helps.

Varun
Weaving magic with Lithium!
Message 3 of 8

Thanks Robert.

I was trying to make skin changes through Studio initially and now it works fine with Community Admin panel. The problem is I am not able to add any content to Page head content (in wrapper).

Jack
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 8
Web Design
Web Development

Hi Jack, 

Can you tell us what happens when you try to add content to the wrapper?

None of the default core skins in the community can be modified when clicking on the wrapper tab in Studio so you need to make sure you're working in a custom skin.

If you don't have any custom skins, click on the New Skin button, give it a name then on the properties tab for that Skin select the Default Skin it should be based on in the Attributes section, once you've done this you should be able to modify the wrapper.

If you modify the wrapper however you'll need to make sure you select the custom skin you've created in Community Admin for the changes to appear on the community.

Robert

Click the Kudos button below if you find my posts helpful. If I've answered your query please click the Mark Solution button to help others find the same answer.
Message 5 of 8

Hi Robert

The steps I followed

1. To create custom skin :

Studio panel > Community Style > New Skin ( name: test)

in attributes, Mondrian is selected as base skin. Also I am not able to change the base skin through the studio panel and I can abel to change it only through the Admin Panel.

Custom skinCustom skin

2. To change header content

Wrapper > Page Head Top Content

Screen Shot 2015-09-08 at 13.45.19.png

No changes are reflected in community page when I hit save but I am getting notification as "Your changes have been saved."

Community pageCommunity page

Message 6 of 8
Web Design
Web Development
Solution

Hi Jack, 

When you go to Community Admin > Display > Skins do you see the new test skin when you scroll down?

If you do, select it and save. That should apply the changes to the community and any subsequent changes made to that Skin in studio will take effect when you save them in studio.

The skin changes made in studio will only be available in your staging environment until you push them through to your production environment.

Robert

Message 7 of 8

Thank you very much Robert.

Jack
Message 8 of 8