Lithys 2011: Best New Community: Rogers Communications

Lithys 2011: Best New Community: Rogers Communications

Company: Rogers Communicationsrogers1.png

Categories: Best New Community (Launched after June 1, 2010)

Entered by: Eryn Billings (erynbillings)

Community Name: Rogers Community Forums

URL: communityforums.rogers.com

Launched: August 4, 2010

Rogers Communications Inc.'s new Community Forums should win the Lithy Award because we are proud of the impact our community is making, and how our social customer strategies are changing the game for our company.

On August 4th, 2010 we launched Rogers Community Forums with a focus strictly on technical issues and a pilot employee ambassador program. Despite our limited resources, the community sprang to life immediately and was moderated by the help of tech savvy super users in the first three months.

We've now surpassed 20,000 registered community members and look forward to implementing more promotional tactics in the next year and revisiting the scope of our community to expand the topics to include discussions around pricing and devices.

In Rogers RedBoard blog, we heard positive comments such as:

• These forums are going to be awesome… I have seen these work for other companies and you get very prompt and helpful responses to your questions. I am glad Rogers is doing it… good work with the video too!!!
  • Nice!!! I love to see Rogers offering more and more ways of getting supoprt. I already like RogersHelp and other folks on Twitter. This is a nice addition. I dont think Bellus offer that.. Way to go!!
  • Well I don’t always support everything rogers does I have been with the company for a number of years.. It’s about time a forums section was opened up.. Well done
  • Happy to hear about the new technical forums Richard. Nice addition to helping Rogers clients
rogers2.png