Future prediction: About social media and influencers

Hi guys,

Sorry for this cynical post but I hope you read this, at the end there is a point.

We all know how important influencers are for the companies. And I think we all have given something extra to the influencers when they interact with us.

As a normal consumer point of view:

- Do you think it is "funny" that all the good things happens (only) to influencers and they tell about those good experiences for us?

- Do you think that you can get same kind of service?

- When do you think happens that people doesn't trust their experiences any more?

- When people see and though that influencers experiences aren't genuine? And other way: when you "realise" that you don´t get same kind of service because you are just a "normal customer"? So it doesn't matter that influencers tell these stories, you don´t care those any more.

Second thing are bloggers. Some of them are really famous, they have lot´s of followers and readers/watchers. Companies sends merchandises and goodie bags, products and so on for them. Again, as a normal consumer point of view:

-  When do you think happens that people doesn't trust them any more? When blogger get´s free stuff his/her´s opinion isn't his/her´s own, it is a companies opinion.

- When do you think happens that people doesn't trust their experiences any more?

I don´t know answers for these. My personal opinion is that I don´t trust influencers and their experiences. I don´t trust also bloggers, even they tell that they are in co-operation with the companies. I don´t buy something because blogger says something nice about it. I don´t visit the hotels what influencer recommended.

And now you have read to the end and here´s my point:

I think in a future (online) communities are important, as they are today. Maybe communities are even more important than they are today. Normal people and their experiences matters the most. Their opinions are genuine, people trust peers experiences and opinions. So in a future companies will start building their own communities instead of investing in influencers/bloggers.

Message 1 of 1