Technology

As of 2 PM Pacific time on Thursday March 30th, The Lithium Community will be unavailable for a few hours. Please be sure to save your content prior to this time.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Message placeholder when a thread is closed

Topics: 4
Kudos: 12
Solutions: 0
Dropbox

Sorry if this is an old question, I did try to find it but no luck.

Is there a way to set a message placeholder when a thread is closed (rather than moved only) from the system settings or this would be a custom build?

I'm seeing more and more users that are unsure when a thread is open or not (there's no clear indication to whether it's closed or not from a user's perspective).

Any workarounds for this? (if this is not an OotB setting I'm missing)

Re: Message placeholder when a thread is closed

[ Edited ]
Kudos: 114

Hi,

Currently there is not out of the box functionality on topic page level that would help indicating that the current topic is closed for replies. A visitor to the topic would only be able to tell by the deactivated reply buttons / missing quick reply. Only on the board level you can tell a topic has been closed by the locked icon (in the default styling) shown next to it.

It would be great if you could file a new product enhancement idea so that others can show their support for this improvement.

Looks like @miikka was quicker and just filed "Visual indication of a closed topic on Forum Topic Page" - Please share your support and add details on your scenario in the idea comments.

Previously known as Claudius. New profile - Now even more content
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.