Lithosphere The Lithium Community

Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Update community account upon SSO account deletion?

When an SSO user deletes their SSO account (not their community account, but the account in our company's database which is integrated with the community via SSO) -- is there a way for the community to make changes to that user's community account in an automated way? For example anonymizing their username or changing the email or login credentials (from previous topics I assume deleting the user would neither be a good idea nor possible)?

I do know I can change a user's username or associated email/password manually. I'm looking for something that can scale better. I'm just trying to find out what's possible in the system. Thanks.

Tags (1)
4 Replies
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Update community account upon SSO account deletion?

We did, last year, get the added option in community to "delete" a user's community account (and users to do it themselves.) Their posts and such remain, but everything else is anonymized. Community username is removed,  email is gone, SSO link removed, etc. But, alas, it is manual.

Now, especially with this GDPR legal stuff coming our way, the only thing I feel that is missing, is an API call to hook into.

To your point, we need a way for our own system to be able to trigger community account deletion.

CM at Spotify
Community Ergo Sum
Occasional Contributor tresbe
Occasional Contributor

I agree.

PerBonomi wrote:

Now, especially with this GDPR legal stuff coming our way, the only thing I feel that is missing, is an API call to hook into.

To your point, we need a way for our own system to be able to trigger community account deletion.

We need to be able to automate as much as possible user deletion on a global level with the arrival of GDPR. 

@PerBonomi did you get any additional information regarding an eventual API call?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@tresbe Just that they're looking into it.

CM at Spotify
Community Ergo Sum
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor STARFLEET
Occasional Contributor

0 Kudos